Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tp bonus +100 or weapon skill damage 10% opinions
Tp bonus +100 or weapon skill damage 10% opinions
By Elijahwon 2012-08-26 12:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was making a sword and have come to this crossroads and would like some feedback on what others would like. I know there are other swords and augments but I would like to keep opinions to this topic thanks for any feedback you leave.
By Elijahwon 2012-08-26 12:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my main question is do these augments work offhand?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-26 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

WS damage+10% is going to be the best option for Sword. You can use it to brew with Sanguine Blade.

TP Bonus +100 does work offhand, WS damage doesn't.
By NoobozaurusRex 2012-08-26 12:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think either augment works in offhand tbh. I know the martial weaps w/ TP bonus do not work offhand which leads me to believe Mag Trial weaps prolly won't either. Also, iirc, I don't think WS Dmg +% works offhand either sooo~ while you wanted this topic to only address those two augments, looks like you'll have to consider other augment options, thus negating your request to stay on topic. >.<
[+]
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Server: Bahamut
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-08-26 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

NoobozaurusRex said: »
I don't think either augment works in offhand tbh. I know the martial weaps w/ TP bonus do not work offhand which leads me to believe Mag Trial weaps prolly won't either.

Not sure if you really don't know, or you're sticking to the name you got there, but Magian TP bonus does work offhand.
[+]
By NoobozaurusRex 2012-08-26 13:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »
NoobozaurusRex said: »
I don't think either augment works in offhand tbh. I know the martial weaps w/ TP bonus do not work offhand which leads me to believe Mag Trial weaps prolly won't either.

Not sure if you really don't know, or you're sticking to the name you got there, but Magian TP bonus does work offhand.

Narp, I really didn't know which is why I stated that I wasn't sure, but knowing now actually won't change the fact that I never did, and never will make a TP bonus MT weap. But looks like we've answered whatshisface's question. Success! ^_^
By Elijahwon 2012-08-27 00:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol thanks for all your facts and opinions
By Methylated 2012-08-29 06:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the WS damage is applied to the first hit only?

Anyone know if a WSdamage+10% GAXE is better then TP Bonus +100 gaxe?

WITHOUT SAYING.....UKON.
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2012-08-29 07:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

and for the record it is not "weapon skill damage +10%" but-

weapon skill: damage +10%

meaning base damage of weapon goes up 10% during ws, for example a wep with 100 base damage becomes 110 during ws.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-29 07:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Methylated said: »
Anyone know if the WS damage is applied to the first hit only?

Anyone know if a WSdamage+10% GAXE is better then TP Bonus +100 gaxe?

WITHOUT SAYING.....UKON.

If you have upheaval then tp bonus gaxe is better if not then make the str gaxe.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-08-29 07:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FINALLY! THANK YOU CREACENT! :D your a star <3
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-08-29 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shinsonja said: »

meaning base damage of weapon goes up 10% during ws, for example a wep with 100 base damage becomes 110 during ws.

The skeptic in me tell's me there's no way that can be true. Can anyone verify this?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-30 02:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

The skeptic in me tell's me there's no way that can be true. Can anyone verify this?

It's damage +10%. I asked this very same question last year. Just SE's wonky way of writing things down sometimes.
By Elijahwon 2012-09-23 01:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So what would be the best situation for this sword? Main hand? GD SE and your crafty wordings!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-23 08:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to main-hand the WS damage +10% Sword, but its effects may only apply to the first hit of WSs. Its best (only?) use is for Sanguine Blade brewing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-09-23 13:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

It's damage +10%. I asked this very same question last year. Just SE's wonky way of writing things down sometimes.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You have to main-hand the WS damage +10% Sword, but its effects may only apply to the first hit of WSs. Its best (only?) use is for Sanguine Blade brewing.

If this works the way Saevel claims that would make the base damage for a tp bonus sword (99) 63.8 which is slightly ahead of almace (90) which has 61 base damage, and MAB shika (99) has 61 base damage with 11 MAB.

My question is the extra 2.8 base damage better than 11 magic attack bonus? (sanguine blade)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-23 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not base damage. It's +10% damage. He said something ambiguous, so he's not even necessarily wrong.

If you are brewing (+900 MAB) another 11 MAB is ***.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-23 14:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the GAXE WS DMG +10% for Fell Cleaving, so no idea if it works on additional hits. The WS Damage+ X% gear only works on first hit but the augmented WS Damage +% weapons seem to work on all hits.