Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 216 217 218
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-11 15:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I make sure when I pick up my Mexican construction team to drive slowly past the 'hardworking' Americans and laugh as they slink further into economic ruin.

Then we all crack open Coronas back at the Sparthy estate. Viva Mexico!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-11 15:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I wish I knew why it bothered me so much that you use words like "misanthrope" but still use the wrong "their".

They're slave wages are the reason you can afford to buy groceries.

And that, my friends, is what we call irony.

I had it phrased differently and deleted it, you caught it in between two edits, you sneaky devil.

Still, I make those errors pretty infrequently.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-11 15:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you weren't posting from an inflatable you'd catch those errors!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-11 15:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Maybe if you weren't posting from an inflatable you'd catch those errors!

Best damn raft I've ever owned!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-11 15:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had it phrased differently and deleted it, you caught it in between two edits, you sneaky devil.

Obligatory:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 19:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of them are paying taxes* due to forged documents and SSN's, believe it or not, but that's just a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.
*State and Local Taxes, mostly from sales taxes.

Most illegal immigrants pay zero or "negative" federal and state income taxes from those forged documents and SSNs. Or are you going to say that paying under the table doesn't exist?

Whether illegal migrant workers pay taxes* is immaterial because we don't give them the ability to.
*Federal and State Income Taxes.

And if they had legal documents (aka a green card), they are required to file a 1040NR and it's state equivalent and pay those taxes.

I'm sure you are going to pull out the study made in April 2015 that illegal immigrants pay $11.8 billion in taxes, and I'm sure you are going to say that's your evidence. I'm just going to nip this in the bud right here and show you the actual study, not some media-edited version, and tell you that these are estimated state and local sales taxes being paid. Not federal or state income taxes....
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-11 19:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
A lot of them are paying taxes* due to forged documents and SSN's, believe it or not, but that's just a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.
*State and Local Taxes, mostly from sales taxes.

Most illegal immigrants pay zero or "negative" federal and state income taxes from those forged documents and SSNs. Or are you going to say that paying under the table doesn't exist?

Whether illegal migrant workers pay taxes* is immaterial because we don't give them the ability to.
*Federal and State Income Taxes.

And if they had legal documents (aka a green card), they are required to file a 1040NR and it's state equivalent and pay those taxes.

I'm sure you are going to pull out the study made in April 2015 that illegal immigrants pay $11.8 billion in taxes, and I'm sure you are going to say that's your evidence. I'm just going to nip this in the bud right here and show you the actual study, not some media-edited version, and tell you that these are estimated state and local sales taxes being paid. Not federal or state income taxes....

Under the table pay is common, of course, but many illegal immigrants do work with forged documents, for which FIT/FICA/SSI etc are taken from their paychecks. But, as I said numerous times, it's immaterial. They would gladly pay taxes if we gave them the option to. But, we won't, because their slave wages subsidize the cost of the services they perform. Much of the Southwest is utterly dependent on near free labor, which is why they are so against immigration reform.

In any case, the whole idea of migrant workers not paying taxes is non-sequitur, and was used as a pathetic attempt to discredit the outrage at billionaires stashing money overseas to avoid taxes. If you're going to come in with your chin up to the sky, try not to trip over your own feet in the process.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-11 20:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Under the table pay is common, of course, but many illegal immigrants do work with forged documents, for which FIT/FICA/SSI etc are taken from their paychecks
Many easily deported illegal immigrants you mean. Those who stay the longest stay because they aren't so easily traced...and those are the ones who are the real problem.

They would gladly pay taxes if we gave them the option to. But, we won't, because their slave wages subsidize the cost of the services they perform.
So, you pay people slave wages? Good for you to admit it.

I, however, don't. But then again, I only hire quality people. Nice thing about being a boss, right? And since I live in South Texas, I get I-9 audits a lot (or at least my business does).

While your farmer may hire undocumented workers, most businesses do not want to bother with the risk. I-9 audits are very costly, even when they don't produce any fees/fines/arrests.

Much of the Southwest is utterly dependent on near free labor, which is why they are so against immigration reform.

Seriously. These "reforms" does not fix the problem, they reward those who break the law.

I'm all for giving out more green cards and work visas to immigrants who want to be US citizens, but mass amnesty is not the way to go. I rather we control who's being allowed to stay and keep the real criminals from staying here. And if you even bothered to live in a heavy immigrate area, you would see the real issues with crime due to criminals from one country escaping to another on a regular basis.

In any case, the whole idea of migrant workers not paying taxes is non-sequitur, and was used as a pathetic attempt to discredit the outrage at billionaires stashing money overseas to avoid taxes.
Name one, and name the law that allows a US citizen from not paying US Income Tax on Worldwide Income. Come on, I dare you.

Why don't I suggest that you stop right now, you will never prove to anyone that you know more about US and International Tax Code more than a CPA who has worked with those taxes for years.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-11 23:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Name one, and name the law that allows a US citizen from not paying US Income Tax on Worldwide Income.

Foreign Earned Income Exclusion!

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Foreign-Earned-Income-Exclusion

Yeah I know, $100K USD limit and you need to actually be outside the USA for 11 months out of the calendar year. Just had to screw with you a bit.

Now that being said, most of what they are talking about isn't "hiding" earned income, that's a bad word because it's not hidden. It's just hiring people like yourself to reduce income tax obligation via using various exemptions and deductions in the current tax code. Many of those exemptions are only applicable to income from specific categories that the ordinary citizen wouldn't really be using, or using enough of to justify the additional costs. Most live paycheck to paycheck with minimal savings, and their only concept of income is from active salary from being employed.

Recently I've had to switch to hiring a CPA to handle my financial matters and will probably be looking to hire a wealth manager in the not too distant future.

I'm completely in favor or reducing the tax code, removing many specialized exemptions / deductions while simultaneously reducing tax rates / liabilities. The goal would be an tax neutral result but with less administrative costs from having to manage it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 10:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Name one, and name the law that allows a US citizen from not paying US Income Tax on Worldwide Income. Come on, I dare you.

We've been over this a dozen times and several people, including myself, have cited tax codes. I'm tired of spoon-feeding you information you already know but refuse to acknowledge, so he's the short version.

Legal ways: Leveraging stock options lets you get money out of them at a fixed rate and pay it off at a "loss". You didn't gain anything on those stocks, so even when you sell them at their fixed value, you pay far less than you actually made, but also have had the cash on hand the whole time to use for other investments. AKA very little or no capital gains tax.

Delaying options is an additional part, by taking large portions of your compensation as options they avoid paying income tax, then purchase them later at the fixed price or leverage against them like above.

Trusts allow you to donate and borrow against the trust without actually having to pay it back. GRAT's let people stock away a big pile of money, then pull it out sans the interest in accrued and pass the interest on tax free.

Surrendering assets... Basically, you leverage an asset, such as stocks, then default on the loan and surrender the stocks. You get the cash and don't have to pay capital gains.

Shell companies/inversions have been explained a thousand times.

Then there's the straight up illegal ones, where people transfer ownership of assets to an entity in a tax haven. That income is then used to buy things like bouillon or other commodities. That's straight up tax evasion.

There's probably a few thousand professional and unbiased articles online about the various other strategies rich people use to avoid and evade taxes and there's no way you don't have an idea how they do it, you just can't own up to it because it goes against your narrative.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-12 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Media vs Trump word of the day:

Specifics! You can't vote for him cause he doesn't have specifics!
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

What a shitty argument.

I can count on one hand the number of politicians that can give a direct, specific answer to anything.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

What a shitty argument.

I can count on one hand the number of politicians that can give a direct, specific answer to anything.

It'a actually a great argument for not voting for anyone who can't outline a plan with "specifics". I'll take the evil I know over the unknown any day.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 12:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to stop here:

It'a actually a great argument for not voting

Because I'm being serious. I don't remember the last politician that gave an answer that was truly satisfactory to me.

Just (mostly) party-line towing and opportunities for foot-in-mouth flare ups.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 12:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to stop here:

Because I'm being serious. I don't remember the last politician that gave an answer that was truly satisfactory to me.

For all his faults, Paul Ryan outlines his plans very well. Barney Frank always gave straight-forward answers and was clear about his plans. I can't think of many presidential candidates that have been that way. Gore was almost too analytical and honest. Perot was pretty frank, if not a little full of himself.

I agree, you're limited to very few candidates if you hold them to a reasonable standard, but if we started voting for people who actually expressed their ideas in an intelligent way and stopped letting them slide with soundbites and partisan ***, you'd start seeing a better class of leader.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-08-12 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to stop here:

For all his faults, Paul Ryan outlines his plans very well. Barney Frank always gave straight-forward answers and was clear about his plans. I can't think of many presidential candidates that have been that way. Gore was almost too analytical and honest. Perot was pretty frank, if not a little full of himself.

I agree, you're limited to very few candidates if you hold them to a reasonable standard, but if we started voting for people who actually expressed their ideas in an intelligent way and stopped letting them slide with soundbites and partisan ***, you'd start seeing a better class of leader.

If they're honest and specific they might say something I don't agree with, so I'll vote for whichever candidate sounds more like the person I'd like to have a beer with.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 13:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
If they're honest and specific they might say something I don't agree with, so I'll vote for whichever candidate sounds more like the person I'd like to have a beer with.

Not to feed fuel to conservatives, but I know people who voted for Obama for that reason alone. And I'm not kidding.

Romney seriously *** himself with the working middle class who just wanted to go home and have a beer with their buddies. That election could have gone quite differently if Romney hadn't alienated the more center-leaning working class by painting himself as a rich know-it-all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-12 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Legal ways: Leveraging stock options lets you get money out of them at a fixed rate and pay it off at a "loss". You didn't gain anything on those stocks, so even when you sell them at their fixed value, you pay far less than you actually made, but also have had the cash on hand the whole time to use for other investments. AKA very little or no capital gains tax.
You report all the income and pay the tax when you make a Section 83(b) election, and any losses are considered capital loss (subject to capital loss rules, mostly you cannot claim a capital loss over $3k per year). It's only good if you plan on the ordinary tax rate (yes, when you make a 83(b) election, capital gains become ordinary gains) to be higher in future years. Which is why people were doing 83(b) elections when Obama became president.

Still subject to ACA rules, meaning that the income is subject to additional tax of 3.8%.

And unlike you, I provide Sources for my statements.

Delaying options is an additional part, by taking large portions of your compensation as options they avoid paying income tax, then purchase them later at the fixed price or leverage against them like above.
Stock options as compensation is still treated as ordinary income up to the value of the option, and any gains/losses afterwards is treated as capital losses. Either way, you still pay FICA taxes on it. Again, Source

Trusts allow you to donate and borrow against the trust without actually having to pay it back. GRAT's let people stock away a big pile of money, then pull it out sans the interest in accrued and pass the interest on tax free.
Wait, what? Any liabilities (aka borrowing) reduces the basis of the Trust, and any losses is treated as ordinary income. Not capital gain income, but ordinary

Source, although IRS treats distributions over basis as nondividend distributions.

Surrendering assets... Basically, you leverage an asset, such as stocks, then default on the loan and surrender the stocks. You get the cash and don't have to pay capital gains.
Really? Are you just now tossing words together and trying to sound smart? Surrendering assets always means you have a loss on such sale, as your liabilities against the stock is always much higher than the original basis of the stock. Again, subject to capital loss rules.

This concept is so elementary that it doesn't need a source. The fact that you even attempted to use that as an excuse shows how little you know about financials.

Here though, let me help you.

Stock A has basis of $100
Liability A has debt of $80
Liability A becomes collectible, which means you have to give up Stock A to owners of Liability A and receive $20.
Total loss of Stock A is $80. You made a bonehead business move.

Do you need me to hold your hand while you read the above?

Shell companies/inversions have been explained a thousand times.
Income still get's reported in the parent company's return. Ever heard of a consolidation? Probably not.

Concept is so simple that even Wiki has a good explanation of it.

Then there's the straight up illegal ones, where people transfer ownership of assets to an entity in a tax haven. That income is then used to buy things like bouillon or other commodities. That's straight up tax evasion.
Tax evasion only occurs if you don't report the income. Tax Consolidation concept applies. See above source.

There's probably a few thousand professional and unbiased articles online about the various other strategies rich people use to avoid and evade taxes and there's no way you don't have an idea how they do it, you just can't own up to it because it goes against your narrative.
Why don't you find one? Remember, it has to be both professional and unbiased. Alex Jones does not count.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-12 13:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

YAWN!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-12 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone shut up, sit down, we've got BOARD GAMES!

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-12 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Are you just now tossing words together and trying to sound smart?

That's kind of a mean thing to say. What Jassik was really trying to get across was that you can do a lot of tax evading if you have proper synergy in your portfolio. When you're borrowing against trusts, you have the ability to bypass capital gains taxes by leveraging stock options against net income. It gets even more complicated when you factor in the p/e ratio, because then you can use your trial balance to write off sunk costs from inventory obsolescence. If your deferred income hits the breakeven point, then your accrued expenses are not subject to the same taxes as a non-incorporated business.

Come on, King. I got my accounting degree from a guy who lives in the alley behind the local IHOP and even I know this stuff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-12 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All I got from the learning annex was a free copy of Intuit TurboTax :/
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-12 15:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It isnt tax evasion if you are going by the rules and loop holes the irs sets out every year. If you read all the tax laws most people would be guilty of some tax crime or another, unless you had a good cpa to steer you away from such mistakes.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-12 16:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
It isnt tax evasion if you are going by the rules and loop holes the irs sets out every year.

Evasion and avoidance are different. Avoidance means working the system to minimize your tax burden. Evasion means working outside the system to minimize your tax burden. Generally, what shifts it from avoidance to evasion is when you don't report or misreport.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-12 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I try to use the proper terminology when discussing these things. Accountants and CPAs tend to get very picky about specifics because in their field, those small details can make a huge difference.

For people making enough money for these things to really matter, tax is viewed as a liability. They use tax liability reduction strategies in order to keep as much money in their pockets. They employ every resource they have to do this because ultimately it's in their own best interests. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone seeking to keep money in their pockets, wealthy or not.

And King, we both know that wealthier people are not paying 30~50% effective tax rates as is specified in the tax code. That is mostly what Jassik and friends are talking about. They see someone's net worth increasing 10M USD in a year and because they deal with 1040A type tax forms they figure the wealthy individual should be paying 3~5M in total tax. Same wealthy individual pays 1M in total tax with another portion deferred / ect and they freak out.

Personally I don't think those with a higher liability are wrong for trying to reduce it. They are merely seeking their own best interests. The ones in the wrong are the ones who created this convulated molasses of a tax code while also creating outrageously unacceptable tax rates. A corporate income tax of 35% is stupid as is an individual income tax that high. All it does is encourage companies to find creative, and expensive, ways to legally reduce that liability.

One such interesting way is that income that has been subject to another countries tax isn't then subject to US tax. So if I made 10M USD, and I paid Korean taxes on it (where I live), I wouldn't then be held liable for that amount by the IRS unless I repatriated it. I would still report it of course, but my tax rate would be greatly reduced. Because the US's corporate tax rate is so high, it's creates a situation where a company will take on the additional administrative overhead to locate a headquarters in a lower taxable nation, transfer it's profits to that nation and subject it to that nations corporate income tax, then keep it's money outside of the USA and use it for operational expenses or other costs in order to avoid paying the additional tax. This reduces the average corporate effective tax rate to about 20%, which varies greatly by industry.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/how-much-do-us-multinational-corporations-pay-foreign-income-taxes

And then we got stuff like the Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich scheme, which is perfectly legal, administratively expensive to run but can substantially reduce tax liabilities. Apple is notorious for using this technique to get it's US tax liabilities down to 8~10%, the rest is written down as a deferred tax liability, which means Apple still keeps the money in it's offshore bank accounts and can use it for expenses until a Tax holiday happens when it can repatriate it without paying the additional exorbitant US tax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Irish_arrangement

All of this is perfectly legal, the numbers all line up, there is no income being "hidden" and accountants are happy with all being right in the world.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-13 07:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on, King. I got my accounting degree from a guy who lives in the alley behind the local IHOP and even I know this stuff.

That's who I get my w... nevermind.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-13 07:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Everyone shut up, sit down, we've got BOARD GAMES!

That looks like a fun game.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-13 10:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Are you just now tossing words together and trying to sound smart?

That's kind of a mean thing to say. What Jassik was really trying to get across was that you can do a lot of tax evading if you have proper synergy in your portfolio. When you're borrowing against trusts, you have the ability to bypass capital gains taxes by leveraging stock options against net income. It gets even more complicated when you factor in the p/e ratio, because then you can use your trial balance to write off sunk costs from inventory obsolescence. If your deferred income hits the breakeven point, then your accrued expenses are not subject to the same taxes as a non-incorporated business.

What's sad is that the two people who gave you [+] doesn't understand that you were being sarcastic.

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
It isnt tax evasion if you are going by the rules and loop holes the irs sets out every year. If you read all the tax laws most people would be guilty of some tax crime or another, unless you had a good cpa to steer you away from such mistakes.

People keep saying "loophole" without actually pointing one out. When I ask people to show me a tax "loophole" (by definition a loophole is something that the law did not intend to create) nobody can answer that but continue to state that it exists.

So, why not tell us what sort of tax loophole exists, please.

Avoidance means working the system to minimize your tax burden.
So, are you saying that it is a bad thing to take advantage of the tax deductions available to you? Guess what, I'm 100% positive that you take most deductions (if not all) available to you when paying your tax. So, hypocrite says what again?

Generally, what shifts it from avoidance to evasion is when you don't report or misreport.
Holy ***he is learning!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-14 19:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

King your definition of loopholes and mine are SO different.

In mine loopholes may be carefully constructed and passed into law.

But that is not the reason that I came to land for this post.

Insiders: Trump can’t win early states
Only 1 in 10 Democrats think Joe Biden could win their state.

TLDR: Its the caucuses dummy.

Quote:
Six in 10 Republican insiders in the early states say Donald Trump can’t win Iowa or New Hampshire.

That’s the assessment of this week’s POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the top operatives, strategists and activists in Iowa and New Hampshire. Their conclusion comes on the heels of the latest national poll, from CNN/ORC, that reports the controversial real estate mogul is leading the GOP presidential field even after crudely attacking Fox News host Megyn Kelly last week following the first GOP debate, which she co-moderated.

“Many Trump enthusiasts are showing up for free food and verbal fireworks at his events, but won’t sit through a precinct caucus,” an Iowa Republican said, when asked whether Trump would win if the early-state contests were held today.

“Telling a pollster you support Trump is whiskey courage. Most of them will sober up enough to realize they aren’t going to walk into a ballot booth and vote for a misogynist jerk,” agreed a New Hampshire Republican, who like all participants was granted anonymity in order to speak freely.

The percentages were nearly the same in both states: 58 percent of Iowa Republicans said Trump would not win, compared to 61 percent in New Hampshire.

Still, Iowans report signs of Trump organization on the ground, and many insiders acknowledge, to their chagrin, that he remains a force in both states for now. Several, however, were skeptical that the voters who enjoy Trump’s broadsides against the media, the GOP establishment and Washington in general will ultimately trust him to be commander-in-chief.

“Trump is generating a lot controversy, but he is not taken seriously as a potential president,” a New Hampshire Republican said. “I have heard from many people who say ‘I love him! Love what he’s saying!’ But when I ask if they would really vote for him, they say, ‘hell no.’”

Added a Granite State Democrat, who like all participants responded through an online survey: “NH Republicans are pretty sophisticated and strategic and will pick someone they think can beat Hillary. And to beat Hillary, a candidate is going to have to at least draw with Republican women. And he has destroyed his chances with women.”

Other insiders said that many of the voters expressing interest in Trump aren’t typically deeply involved in the political process. And Iowans, whose caucus system is more complicated than simply casting a ballot, said they doubted Trump’s support was deep enough to result in heavy turnout.

It’s unlikely he would win today,” an Iowa Republican said. “His organization will have to be deeper than it is right now, but it’s certainly possible. The concern they should have is that a lot of his support is drawing from people who have never participated in a caucus. That means his ballot may not transfer to action. Attending a caucus is a much higher bar than stopping by a polling place. But this is a totally unpredictable environment.”

Another Iowa Republican added, “Trump supporters have to show up to the caucus. Finding that many Trump [supporters] that I talk to have never attended a caucus before and when they find out it is not just showing up and casting a ballot, they may find that is not worth the effort. His is a campaign built entirely on celebrity and short attention spans.”

Even so, 40 percent of Republican insiders — and three-quarters of Democratic insiders — said Trump would win their states today.

“One third of the Republican primary vote has been propagandized into believing Obama was born in Kenya and wanted to invade Texas, that illegal immigrants are raping and pillaging their way through the countryside,” a New Hampshire Democrat said. “In a divided field, if he keeps the overwhelming majority of those voters, he can win.”

From the other side of the aisle, a Granite State Republican said, “Sadly, the Establishment Republican party refuses to embrace the understanding that people are truly fed up with politicians, and are so willing to send that message, that they will vote for a psychopath before they desire to vote for the establishment.”

Two Republicans — one from Iowa, one from New Hampshire — weren’t sure, but said they were “praying” he wouldn’t be competitive.

“Praying no,” the Iowa Republican said. “Trump has not offered any credible plans for what he is talking about. Saying he will accomplish things with his ‘intellect’ and because he ‘is smarter’ is no different than Obama saying he has a pen and a phone. If Trump wants to stay ahead, he would be smart to put some ‘meat on the bone.’”

Lamented the Granite State Republican: “I hope and pray he cannot, but worry that we may have to take him seriously if this continues.”

Bursting Biden's bubble

Caucus insiders also weighed in on the potential presidential candidacy of Vice President Joe Biden, who is said to be considering a run. But 88 percent of Democrats said he could not win their states if the contests were held today.

“He is starting way too late, and doesn’t have time to build ground organization,” a New Hampshire Democrat said. “Also, while people like him, he’s never taken off here. Would put the kibosh to O’Malley, however, only room for one Irish American guy from mid-Atlantic states. “

“Although he is much loved by NH Democrats, many feel he wouldn’t win,” added another.

Several insiders pointed out that Biden couldn’t run much to the left of Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, and does not have a clear path.

“He won’t get the Feel the Bern [Bernie Sanders] vote and HRC is too well organized here,” a New Hampshire Republican said. “However, any further bad news stories re [Clinton’s] emails, etc could get the middle really scrambling for an alternative.”

“Biden pulls from Clinton voters,” added another GOP Granite Stater. “He doesn’t occupy the lane that Bernie’s driving in right now, nor will he resonate with the far-left progressives that make up a big part of the NH Dem voting bloc.”
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-14 20:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
King your definition of loopholes and mine are SO different.

In mine loopholes may be carefully constructed and passed into law.
In the real world's definition:

Dictionary said:
Loophole:

noun
1. a small or narrow opening, as in a wall, for looking through, for admitting light and air, or, particularly in a fortification, for the discharge of missiles against an enemy outside.
2. an opening or aperture.
3. a means of escape or evasion; a means or opportunity of evading a rule, law, etc.

Since we are only talking about the 3rd part of the definition, a tax loophole is a specific means or opportunity to evade a law. Evading a law is paramount to breaking it (in a legal stance). The "loopholes" you are referring to are specifically created in the law as means to reward investment and spur growth. While not all of these laws are the same (3 year depreciable lives for racehorses vs. 7 years for farm animals), their intent is to help spur growth by reinvestment. Key word there. And yes, I do agree that some of these laws needed to expire a long time ago (some have, in fact), they are all not loopholes.

So, please stop using buzzwords like "loopholes" and "tax evasion" where it doesn't exist, and pretend like you are smart, like some other idiots whole love to use those words. You know, Mother Jones and MSNBC and their ilk.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 216 217 218